Sunday, March 11, 2012

Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup

I tried making this soup the other night for the first time and it was really good. I served it with some cheese and corn chips. Probably would have been good with sour cream as well.

I only used two chicken breasts since I was just making it for two people. Obviously you could adjust this to use more or less meat or even use a different type of meat if you like.

2 medium sized chicken breasts
1 onion
1 can of kidney beans or  mild chili beans (I used the chili beans)
1 can of corn or a bag of frozen corn
1 can of cream style corn
1 can of Rotel
1 packet of fiesta Ranch dip
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 tbsp oil optional


 I thawed and then boiled my chicken breasts until they were done. Shred the chicken then I put my chicken into soup pot on med-high heat with the oil and onion  just sort of browned it up a little and soften the onion for about 3-5 minutes. Add seasoning packets and the rest of your ingredients. Lower your heat and let your soup warm stirring occasionally. I did add about half a cup of water to my soup could easily have added more or none at all it just depends on how you like your soup. If you want it to be a little more thin by all means add some more water. Serve hot and Enjoy!

This soup is seriously fast if you are in a rush and you will probably have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment