Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our Journey to saving

    So I have decided to start a blog, to help keep track of our savings journey. My fiance, Jason, and I have decided to embark on a new path this year. We want to save money and we want to see where it takes us. Its an exciting thing to dedicate ourselves to. It is also a scary commitment for us. 
    
    We are not married and we Don't have kids. We are a young couple starting out without much debt. We really want to see if we can truly change our family tree by going on this path that neither of our families really have done up until now. Last year my dad introduced me to Dave Ramsey. He gave me his book and I put off reading it because at the time we were really struggling. We both  had jobs that didn't pay very well and it was a tough time. We had dealt with Jason being out of work for a bit. We had no savings and we were just hoping to make it at the end of each week. Being in our early twenties it was pretty scary We knew things would be hard but had no idea it would be like that. We thought we were just going to be barely making it forever. 
     
      This year God has truly blessed us with better jobs and a chance to start taking responsibility with our money. So that is what we are going to do. We have not only read "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey but we also saw him live in Kansas City, MO this last weekend and it was truly inspiring. 









      This month we are starting our $1000 step one. So by the beginning of April that is our goal. We are about halfway there. We are also not eating out this month at all. I am striving to cut our grocery budget because it is one of our larger expenses. I have found some great tips from other blogs. Hopefully this week I can share some of them. This Blog linked below is one of the best around that I have found so far. She has so many wonderful ideas and amazing tips.  http://moneysavingmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment